Amanda Hunt Franklin joined our law office in July 1999 as an estate and trust paralegal. Since that time, she has been a pivotal part of our office - from paralegal, law clerk, associate and now a member of the firm. Amanda is principally involved in the ongoing handling of probate matters, estate administration, preparation of federal and state estate tax returns, federal gift tax returns, elder law and medicaid planning, and estate planning. Amanda is also engaged in complex estate and trust litigation and has developed a thriving corporate practice where she handles matters involving business formation, business succession and business agreements.
In addition to her experience and expertise in the areas of estate and trust administration and elder law, Amanda has earned accolades from clients and advisors for her intuitive wisdom, personal commitment and in developing eminently practical and efficient solutions in effectuating our client's goals and objectives. Amanda continues to participate in continuing legal education programs (as participant and presenter) and is completing a masters in taxation (LL.M) at the University of Baltimore School fo Law. Amanda has authored "Advanced Estate Planning Institute 2007- in Review," a summary of MICPEL's annual advanced estate planning seminar.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D. 2004, LL.M, (in taxation expected)
- University of Maryland Baltimore County, B.A., English, 1999
- "MICPEL Advanced Estate Planning Institute 2007- In Review," (Fall 2007, Estates and Trusts Section Newsletter for Maryland Bar)
Bar and Professional Membership/Activities
- Member, Maryland Bar Association (Estates and Trusts Section) and Carroll County Bar Association
- Member, Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Member, Maryland Bar
- Youth U5/U6 Soccer Coach, Westminster Soccer Association (WSA) (2010-current)
- U5/U6 League Coordinator, Westminster Soccer Association (WSA) (2011-current)
- President, Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), Faith Christian School, Westminister Maryland (2010)
- Secretary, Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF), Faith Christian School, Westminister Maryland (2009-2010)
- Youth Soccer Coach, YMCA of Westminster, Maryland (2008-2009)
Amanda's hobbies include gardening, a love which she shares with her husband and soccer. She stays active playing weekly on adult soccer team. Amanda has been married to Adam since June, 2003, and they are blessed with three adorable daughters, Ella, Laney and Piper.
Contact Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2011 Law Offices of Guttenberg & Franklin, LLC | Disclaimer
Amanda Hunt Franklin admitted as member; firm changes name to Guttenberg & Franklin, LLC
New Estate and Gift Tax Changes for 2011 and 2012; A 2-Year Window of Opportunity
New Maryland Financial Power of Attorney Effective October 1, 2010: Action Required!
Our NYC Satellite Office
Aryeh selected as SuperLawyer for 2011